- This event has passed.
Massachusetts LTC Class and Handgun Familiarization Course
June 21, 2020 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$165.00
Massachusetts Licence to Carry Class
8am to 12 at Townsend Rod and Gun Club Pavilion
– This class is approved by the Massachusetts State Police and meets the requirement to obtain a Concealed Carry Permit, or an FID card, in Massachusetts.
– The goal of this class is to teach basic knowledge and skills, and to explain the attitude necessary for the safe handling and storage of guns in the home.
The length of the classroom portion of this course is 4 hours.
1. The Rules for Safe Gun Handling
2. How to Identify and Unload Different Firearms
3. Practical Exercise in Safe Gun Handling
4. Types of Ammunition, Cleaning and Storage of Firearms
12 to 1pm Lunch Break
Asymmetrical Defense Handgun Familiarization Course (live fire)
1pm to 5pm at the Townsend Rod and Gun Club Pistol Range.
This course consists of actual range time where each participant of the class will fire a minimum of 50 rounds of ammunition from various Handguns while being directly supervised by a trained firearms instructor.
This class will teach you how to safely handle a pistol as well as providing you with the necessary skills to have a safe experience at home and at the range. By the end of this portion of instruction you will be more confident in your ability to safely use a firearm without incident. Proper range commands, stance, grip, general marksmanship techniques, loading, unloading and clearing malfunctions will be demonstrated and taught.
Ultra-slow-motion video will also be used to help diagnose any issues in your shooting stance and grip.
Corrective eye-wear if needed
Weather-appropriate clothing (you will be outdoors).
Camp Chair ( Picnic tables will be the only seating available for the classroom portion)
Eye protection and hearing protection will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own.
Covid19 guidelines will be maintained during this class.